WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
mms

X-Spinner API Compatibility

ReplyThanks 2015/08/29 02:32:44 0 1

I'm using X-Spinner with third party software. First I tried specifying the SpinnerChief API in the third party software, but it returned an API error. Then I switched it to use the SpinRewriter API and it worked. This seems strange. Why would X-Spinner work with the SpinRewriter API and not with the SpinnerChief API? Shouldn't it be most compatible with the SpinnerChief API?

Also, if you access X-Spinner via a non-SpinnerChief API method (SpinRewriter, for example), how do you specify settings that are unique to X-Spinner/SpinnerChief, such as:

• Word Quality
  • Replace Type
  • POS
  • GrammarAI
  • Spin Type
  • Custom/Cloud Rules
  • Custom/Cloud Negs
  • and the various other options listed here: http://account.spinnerchief.com/APIDocument.html
Does X-Spinner support all the SpinnerChief API options? It must, because the X-Spinner test application offers all these options. I assume these options are available if you access it via the SpinnerChief API method, but can you configure the X-Spinner service to use specific default settings when you access it via a third party API method, such as SpinRewriter?

For example, if I'm accessing X-Spinner via the SpinRewriter API, how would I enable GrammarAI, Cloud Rules, Cloud Negs, etc...?

And why doesn't it work with the SpinnerChief API? This needs to be fixed!

Aprilcaicai
2015/08/29 21:47:45
X-Spinner can use SpinnerChief API, no problem. Whatever API you use via X-Spinner, you can change the setting on the x-spinner GUI directly.
mms
2015/08/30 23:33:15

The problem with the SpinnerChief API is that my third party software is trying to access it via port 443, but X-Spinner only listens on port 80 and it's non-configurable.The SpinnerChief API docs state:

Important: If you are using php,you'd better use 443 port, else it maybe not work.

Therefore, my third party software uses port 443, but X-Spinner doesn't listen on this port!

Can you enable to port box in X-Spinner, to allow the user to change the listener port?

WhiteHatBox
2015/08/31 21:53:36

So seems the third-part software only add SpinnerChief API, right?

And X-Spinner paid version can change the listen port. The limit is on the free version.

Let's ROCK!
<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option